This quick post will just show you how to install Perl modules on openSUSE / Suse Linux using CPAN to automate the process.
1. Use the command su to switch to root in a new terminal window.
2. Use the command cpan to configure cpan if you have never used this command before, after you configure/auto configure, your prompt might look something like this screenshot below. cpan should be installed by default (was for me) however you might need to install it using Yast.
3. Install whatever module you want with cpan by using this syntax.
I hope this has helped you figure out how to use CPAN to automatically install Perl modules on openSUSE / Suse Linux. Please don’t forget to comment/share/like.
Incoming search terms:
- suse CPAN
- установить perl suse
- update perl Yast
- opensuse cpan repository
- installing cpan modules from terminal on linux
- perl suze
- how to install perl modules in suse linux
- terminal perl -e cpan
- yast install cpan modules
- cpan install suse