This quick post will show you how to install YUM on openSUSE 12.2 using Yast. YUM allows you to automatically install packages from the Terminal as long as you have the correct repositories added. Just follow the steps below and enjoy the easiness of YUM.
Installing YUM on OpenSuse 12.2
1. Open Yast and click on Software Management.
2. Use the search to find the YUM packages you are planning on installing, I read about a graphical front-end for YUM as-well but why use it if you have Yast’s graphical software manager for that?
3. Once you select YUM for installation it will also mark the required dependencies for installation, simply hit apply and the packages will be installed for you.
YUM is now installed and working however you may need to add repositories to YUM otherwise you will only get “No package <packagename> available. Nothing to do” when trying to install anything.
I hope this has helped you install YUM on openSUSE, more posts are on the way. Please don’t forget to like/comment/share, and if there is anything I should know better then also let me know since I am still learning. =)
Incoming search terms:
- opensuse yum
- opensuse 12 2 yum
- opensuse 12 2 post installation guide
- instalar yum en suse
- yum opensuse
- yum opensuse 12 2 repo
- open suse yumm
- suse yum
- opensuse 12 2
- opensuse 12 2 yum repository
No related posts.